POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Inconsistency in text output with animations Server Time
2 Aug 2024 08:10:46 EDT (-0400)
  Inconsistency in text output with animations (Message 1 to 8 of 8)
From: Jellby
Subject: Inconsistency in text output with animations
Date: 29 Dec 2004 12:13:24
Message: <41d2e5b4@news.povray.org>
This has probably been already reported/discussed, but maybe not. It's just
a minor annoyance, but when rendering part of an animation, the frame count
is not very consistent.

For example, with command:

  povray test.pov +KFF35 +KC +SF25

the rendering starts with:

  Processing Frame 25 of 11

which is not what I'd expect (although it has some sense).

Is it a bug (worth (re)reporting)? Is it already solved? I'm using povray
3.6.1

--
light_source{9+9*x,1}camera{orthographic look_at(1-y)/4angle 30location
9/4-z*4}light_source{-9*z,1}union{box{.9-z.1+x clipped_by{plane{2+y-4*x

Post a reply to this message

"Jellby" <jel### [at] yahoocom> wrote in message
> This has probably been already reported/discussed, but maybe not. It's
> just
> a minor annoyance, but when rendering part of an animation, the frame
> count
> is not very consistent.
>
> For example, with command:
>
>  povray test.pov +KFF35 +KC +SF25
>
> the rendering starts with:
>
>  Processing Frame 25 of 11
>
> which is not what I'd expect (although it has some sense).
>
> Is it a bug (worth (re)reporting)? Is it already solved? I'm using povray
> 3.6.1
>
> --

I think it's always been like that. It makes perfect sense to me and I don't
see a reason it should be changed.

2cents.

- Grim

Post a reply to this message