POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : gaussianblob.pov Server Time
2 Aug 2024 08:11:27 EDT (-0400)
  gaussianblob.pov (Message 1 to 5 of 5)
From: Greg M  Johnson
Subject: gaussianblob.pov
Date: 25 Dec 2004 13:40:04
Message: <41cdb404$1@news.povray.org>
Does anyone know what happened to it?

Post a reply to this message

From: Stephen McAvoy
Subject: Re: gaussianblob.pov
Date: 25 Dec 2004 17:53:18
Message: <qqrrs0ls16a7c9ebrpmdm3l7p5d142ovim@4ax.com>
On Sat, 25 Dec 2004 13:40:06 -0500, "Greg M. Johnson"
<gregj;-)565### [at] aolcom> wrote:

>Does anyone know what happened to it?

I thought you wrote it :-)
When I run it in Pov 3.6 on Win XP I get a #debug line of 2000 then
Povray exits. No thank you or anything.

Regards
        Stephen

Post a reply to this message

From: Alf Peake
Date: 26 Dec 2004 09:35:19
Message: <41cecc27@news.povray.org>
"Greg M. Johnson"
> Does anyone know what happened to it?

I've seen this mentioned before. The Team are obviously aware of it
but I don't remember the reasons.

On my WinXP SP2 box, P4 2.8 and 1GB, FWIW, this is the message 3.61
throws up when you run it, followed by a clean pov exit when you click
OK.

<quote>
The POV-Ray core code threw an unhandled exception.
The backend thread has been shut down and you will not be able to
perform any further renders.
It is STRONGLY RECOMMENDED that you save your work and exit POV-Ray
now.
(Note that if internal structures have been damaged POV-Ray may crash
immediately after you click OK).
</quote>

Alf

Post a reply to this message