POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : What's going on with this mesh2? Server Time
2 Aug 2024 08:11:29 EDT (-0400)
  What's going on with this mesh2? (Message 1 to 6 of 6)
From: Slime
Subject: What's going on with this mesh2?
Date: 24 Dec 2004 20:06:40
Message: <41ccbd20@news.povray.org>
Here is a simple mesh, made of two triangles. The mesh has a single
normal_vector, which is assigned to each vertex of each face. I would think
this would mean that the faces would take on that normal at every point, and
be shaded in the same way. However, the faces are shaded differently:

camera {
 location <3,3,-5>
 look_at 0
}

light_source {
 <-5,5,-5>*9999
 rgb .7
}

mesh2 {
 vertex_vectors {
  4,
  <0,0,0>,x,z,x+z+y
 }
 normal_vectors {
  1,
 }
 face_indices {
  2,
  <0,1,2>,<1,3,2>
 }
 normal_indices {
  2,
  <0,0,0>,<0,0,0>
 }
 pigment {rgb 1}
}

Am I doing something wrong, or what's going on here?

 - Slime
 [ http://www.slimeland.com/ ]

Post a reply to this message