POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Include files and conflicting material/texture names Server Time
2 Aug 2024 10:27:41 EDT (-0400)
  Include files and conflicting material/texture names (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: FlyerX
Subject: Include files and conflicting material/texture names
Date: 24 Nov 2004 21:55:41
Message: <41a549ad$1@news.povray.org>
POV-Ray 3.6.1
Moray 3.5
WinXP SP2

Hello,

I have been running into a problem with PoseRay and Moray. Seems that
Moray uses for its material names some of the predefined POV-Ray names
in the standard include files, like textures.inc, leading to name
conflicts. This can be surpassed easily by renaming the material in
Moray but I want a more automatic fix for this problem. (Bronze_Metal is
an example of a name that conflicts)

PoseRay uses #include statements for the standard POV-Ray
material/texture files at the top of a main material file that is itself
included at the top the mesh file. The UDO created by PoseRay then uses
the mesh file in Moray. The standard include files are only used if a
POV-Ray material is applied to the mesh.

My question is:

Is there a way to make an standard include file not propagate its
definitions outside of the calling POV file and without modifying the
standard include files? I know about the #local vs #define but that
would require a rewrite of the POV-Ray include files.

Thanks

FlyerX
http://user.txcyber.com/~sgalls/

Post a reply to this message

FlyerX nous apporta ses lumieres ainsi en ce 2004-11-24 21:55... :

> POV-Ray 3.6.1
> Moray 3.5
> WinXP SP2
>
> Hello,
>
> I have been running into a problem with PoseRay and Moray. Seems that
> Moray uses for its material names some of the predefined POV-Ray names
> in the standard include files, like textures.inc, leading to name
> conflicts. This can be surpassed easily by renaming the material in
> Moray but I want a more automatic fix for this problem. (Bronze_Metal
> is an example of a name that conflicts)
>
> PoseRay uses #include statements for the standard POV-Ray
> material/texture files at the top of a main material file that is
> itself included at the top the mesh file. The UDO created by PoseRay
> then uses the mesh file in Moray. The standard include files are only
> used if a POV-Ray material is applied to the mesh.
>
> My question is:
>
> Is there a way to make an standard include file not propagate its
> definitions outside of the calling POV file and without modifying the
> standard include files? I know about the #local vs #define but that
> would require a rewrite of the POV-Ray include files.
>
> Thanks
>
> FlyerX
> http://user.txcyber.com/~sgalls/

Using #local in an inc file create entities that are specific to that
inc file. They wont be accessible outside that file.
In, for example, colors.inc, if you define #local White = rgb1; , you
can use White in colors.inc, but it will be undeffined anywhere else.

Alain