POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Bug? Server Time
2 Aug 2024 12:22:28 EDT (-0400)
  Bug? (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: Tim Nikias
Subject: Bug?
Date: 31 Oct 2004 14:00:02
Message: <41853632@news.povray.org>
Check scene-file in p.b.s-f and image in p.b.i.

After the camera looks through a transparent object onto a refracting,
partly transparent object, objects behind the refracting object get cut
away. I'm no expert in the inner workings of POV-Ray, hence I cut the scene
do until only those parts remained which created the effect, I didn't try
any other objects for the same behaviour.

All this on a Win2000, Athlon XP 2.4Ghz using POV-Ray for Windows 3.6.1.
Maybe some could confirm this behaviour on different systems? I'll fiddle my
way through a formal bug report once I have some time to do a few more
tests.

Regards,
Tim

--
"Tim Nikias v2.0"
Homepage: <http://www.nolights.de>

Post a reply to this message

> After the camera looks through a transparent object onto a refracting,
> partly transparent object, objects behind the refracting object get cut
> away. I'm no expert in the inner workings of POV-Ray, hence I cut the
scene
> do until only those parts remained which created the effect, I didn't try
> any other objects for the same behaviour.

Even removing the intersection at the end, I get the strange behavior that
the square mesh in front of the sphere makes it much more visible beneath
the plane than it should be.

 - Slime
 [ http://www.slimeland.com/ ]

Post a reply to this message

> All this on a Win2000, Athlon XP 2.4Ghz using POV-Ray for Windows
> 3.6.1.
> Maybe some could confirm this behaviour on different systems?

I get the same.
Using v3.6.1.icl8.win32.
WinXP SP2, P4 2.8G, 0.5G ram.

Alf