POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Sphere with holes and lights shining out of it Server Time
2 Aug 2024 14:17:53 EDT (-0400)
  Sphere with holes and lights shining out of it (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: Carsten Schmitz
Subject: Sphere with holes and lights shining out of it
Date: 16 Oct 2004 04:35:02
Message: <4170dd36@news.povray.org>
Hi!

I am really clueless now.. I want to create a rotating sphere with the
effect seen here: http://users.pandora.be/eclypse/

I just dont get the emitting beams right. As soon as i add media the whole
scene is lit bright. Is this a CSG or media error?
Rotating is working and I cut the holes using cylinders... i would
appreciate
any hint very much how to do the light emitting from inside the sphere
right.

Thank you

Carsten

Here is what i have so far: