POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Bug in text output of POV 3.6 Server Time
2 Aug 2024 18:11:36 EDT (-0400)
  Bug in text output of POV 3.6 (Message 1 to 1 of 1)
From: Florian Brucker
Subject: Bug in text output of POV 3.6
Date: 24 Aug 2004 09:36:18
Message: <412b4452$1@news.povray.org>
I found some (minor) bugs in the ouput of POV-Ray 3.6 for Linux
(official version): They concern the part of the output stream which
contains information about the animation options.

When I run

	povray-3.6 +I/home/torf/simple.pov +KFI0 +KFF10 -P

(Where simple.pov is a valid, simple SDL scene), i get the following output:

	Animation Options
	Initial Frame:        1  Final Frame:       10

	[...]

	0:00:00 Processing Frame 0 of 11

	[...]

	0:00:00 Processing Frame 10 of 11

The value displayed for "Initial Frame" is wrong. This seems to be only
the case for +KFI0, as for other initial frame settings, this value is
displayed correctly:

	povray-3.6 +I/home/torf/simple.pov +KFI8 +KFF10 -P

	Animation Options
	Initial Frame:        8  Final Frame:       10

	[...]

	0:00:00 Processing Frame 8 of 3

	[...]

	0:00:00 Processing Frame 9 of 3

For a initial frame != 0, however, the display of which frame is
currently processed is wrong (it shows the normal frame number for the
current frame, but the amount of frames that will be rendered, instead
of the frame number of the last frame).

The filenames of the output files are correct, though.

I have not tested this with subset of frames (+SF/+EF), as I haven't
access to a Windows system, I couldn't do any tests on that, neither.
I'd be glad if some Windows-user could try to reproduce this :)

(an unoffical compile of POV 3.5 (no changes in the source code)
produced normal results (i.e. did not show the bug))

Here are my system specs:
Gentoo Linux 2004.0, 1 Gig RAM, Athlon XP2600+, POV-Ray 3.6 official

This is of course only a small cosmetic bug, but I think they are worth
fixing, too :)

HTH,
Florian