POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : 3.6 breaks pov-mode 2.10 Server Time
3 Aug 2024 02:21:54 EDT (-0400)
  3.6 breaks pov-mode 2.10 (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: stephen parkinson
Subject: 3.6 breaks pov-mode 2.10
Date: 16 Jun 2004 23:15:38
Message: <40d10cda$1@news.povray.org>
using xemacs, povmode-2.10 and root installed povray 3.6 on a linux box

tried the code from the image_map stretched in objects' thread

xemacs says almost immediately 'Image rendered sucessfully'
knowing no such named jpg in curr dir i'm expecting a 'ctl-c ctl-l to
view messages' message ?

from command line, missing image message in the output, bit buried though

copied a jpg into curr dir and renamed to suit

cmd line ran ok
from xemacs works, same message but

now out of curiosity, introduced syntax error (normal mode of operation
for me :-), repeated, same sucess message and a really short time between

stephen

Post a reply to this message

> using xemacs, povmode-2.10 and root installed povray 3.6 on a linux box
>
> tried the code from the image_map stretched in objects' thread
>
> xemacs says almost immediately 'Image rendered sucessfully'
> knowing no such named jpg in curr dir i'm expecting a 'ctl-c ctl-l to
> view messages' message ?
>
> from command line, missing image message in the output, bit buried though
>
> copied a jpg into curr dir and renamed to suit

That sounds really confused.  That pov-mode's internal rendering feature
does not work with POV-Ray 3.6 is quite possible but what you write does
not give a clear indication what might go wrong.

Christoph

Last updated 01 May. 2004 _____./\/^>_*_<^\/\.______

Post a reply to this message

>> using xemacs, povmode-2.10 and root installed povray 3.6 on a linux box
>>
>> tried the code from the image_map stretched in objects' thread
>>
>> xemacs says almost immediately 'Image rendered sucessfully'
>> knowing no such named jpg in curr dir i'm expecting a 'ctl-c ctl-l to
>> view messages' message ?
>>
>> from command line, missing image message in the output, bit buried though
>>
>> copied a jpg into curr dir and renamed to suit
>

> That sounds really confused.  That pov-mode's internal rendering feature
> does not work with POV-Ray 3.6 is quite possible but what you write does
> not give a clear indication what might go wrong.
>
> Christoph

which bit is confusing ?

i extracted the code and saved as box.pov

then i did xemacs box.pov

hit render, knowing fullwell it would fail with the image file non existent

got Image rendered successfully message, no image :-)

did cmd line - povray +w1024 +h768 +d box.pov
noted error message, had to scroll back a page and a half, hence the
buried aspect

then i copied one of my jpegs to the filename used in box.pov

repeated above

for xemacs, same message and a display image this time

cmd line - it rendered with a display window

i suspect that the mechanism for picking up a failed parse or some such
error is now looking for something no longer occurring - or perhaps
povray is setting a success code regardless :-) ( NB very tongue in cheek)

i've attached 15k log for your perusal

stephen

Post a reply to this message

Attachments: