POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : reading in multiple POVs Server Time
3 Aug 2024 04:19:01 EDT (-0400)
  reading in multiple POVs (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: Dennis Miller
Subject: reading in multiple POVs
Date: 31 May 2004 14:45:16
Message: <40bb7d3c$1@news.povray.org>
I'm creating an animation  (hopefully) using a modeler that exports a bunch
of 3Ds files that I will batch convert in 3DWin into a bunch of POV files.
There will be one file per frame and around 3 - 5,000 total frames. Does
anyone have a script that can read in a numbered sequence of POV files and
render them in turn? I suppose I could use the File Queue, but I believe
that has an upper limit (or it used to in 3.1).
In any event, I think a script would be most efficient.
Thanks for any help with this.

Dennis

--

dhm### [at] comcastnet
http://www.dennismiller.neu.edu

Post a reply to this message

 "Dennis Miller" <dhm### [at] comcastnet> wrote:

> I'm creating an animation  (hopefully) using a modeler that exports a bunch
> of 3Ds files that I will batch convert in 3DWin into a bunch of POV files.
> There will be one file per frame and around 3 - 5,000 total frames. Does
> anyone have a script that can read in a numbered sequence of POV files and
> render them in turn? I suppose I could use the File Queue, but I believe
> that has an upper limit (or it used to in 3.1).
> In any event, I think a script would be most efficient.
> Thanks for any help with this.

Use a POV script...use the frame_number animation variable, plus the
string processing functions to figure out the name of the file to
include. Something like:

#include concat("basename", str(frame_number, 0, 0), ".pov")

Maybe using 4 for the minimum number string length instead of 0, depends
on how your files are named.

http://home.earthlink.net/~cjameshuff/
POV-Ray TAG: <chr### [at] tagpovrayorg>
http://tag.povray.org/