POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : automatic camera placement Server Time
3 Aug 2024 06:13:39 EDT (-0400)
  automatic camera placement (Message 1 to 1 of 1)
From: lars petter
Subject: automatic camera placement
Date: 7 May 2004 07:52:52
Message: <409b7894$1@news.povray.org>
i'm generating some simple scenes from a java application,
    with width: W
    and height: H.

The camera will be - orthographic -.

The objects will be placed in a coordinate system described by:
        right <-1.33,0,0>
   meaning:    positive X is right
                    positive Z is down
                    positive Y comes out of the screen.

The objects will thereon be placed within the rectangle described by these
limitations:
        0 < x < W
        0 < y < H

What i'm looking for, is a good idea on a general formula for placing the
camera in
such a way that the rendered picture will only show the part of my scene
where the
objects are.

A simple illustration if it's needed:)    :

0 ----------------------- W      <-(x-axis (right is positive direction))

^(z-axis (down is positive direction))

Thanks in advance,

    Lars Petter