POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : triangle with non constant texture value Server Time
3 Aug 2024 08:11:25 EDT (-0400)
  triangle with non constant texture value (Message 1 to 1 of 1)
From: Gianluca Massaccesi
Subject: triangle with non constant texture value
Date: 27 Apr 2004 02:44:48
Message: <408e0160@news.povray.org>
In order to simulate an angle dependent light. A use a light source
surrounded by a set of triangle, each with a proper value of trasparency. In
order to obtain smoother pattern, I assigned a value for each vertex of each
triangle. The light patter projected follow the values assigned, but the
linear interpolation between the vertex show a step behaviour, with bad
progressive behaviour. So the light appear made of a large number of spots.
It is due by the little dimension of the triangles (the emisphere covered by
triangles has 0.1 meter of radious and triangles are set each 0.5 degree)?
How can I solve the problem?
Could I use some function to improove the accuracy, or simulater a focal
blurr effct to smoth the result?

Thank you to everybody.

        Gianluca Massaccesi
Consulenza Scientifica e Tecnologica