POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Announcement: IMBJR has been banned from news.povray.org Server Time
3 Aug 2024 08:15:17 EDT (-0400)
  Announcement: IMBJR has been banned from news.povray.org (Message 1 to 10 of 40)
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Subject: Announcement: IMBJR has been banned from news.povray.org
Date: 25 Apr 2004 06:31:07
Message: <408b936b$1@news.povray.org>
Posted April 25, 2004
---------------------

For the Public Record,

It is with regret that this message serves as official notice that IMBJR's
authorization to connect to news.povray.org has been revoked. This is a
unanimously supported action on the part of the News Server Administration
and was not done without considerable deliberation on our part.

IMBJR has shown through his actions on this news server that he is unable or
unwilling to accept the AUP and he continued posting images he had
repeatedly been told that those images are unacceptable for posting on this
server.  As such he has left us with no alternative but to deny him further
access to this news server.

News Admin.
-----------

Post a reply to this message

> It is with regret that this message serves as official notice that IMBJR's
> authorization to connect to news.povray.org has been revoked. This is a
> unanimously supported action on the part of the News Server Administration
> and was not done without considerable deliberation on our part.
>
> IMBJR has shown through his actions on this news server that he is unable
or
> unwilling to accept the AUP and he continued posting images he had
> repeatedly been told that those images are unacceptable for posting on
this
> server.  As such he has left us with no alternative but to deny him
further
> access to this news server.
>

> News Admin.
> -----------

Post a reply to this message

> It is with regret that this message serves as official notice that
> IMBJR's authorization to connect to news.povray.org has been revoked.
> This is a unanimously supported action on the part of the News Server
> Administration and was not done without considerable deliberation on
> our part.

Hmm well, words like "cuba" "totalitarizm" etc came to my mind... I thought
PovRAY was more about freedom (of creating, using software, etc), well..

> IMBJR has shown through his actions on this news server that he is
> unable or unwilling to accept the AUP and he continued posting images
> he had repeatedly been told that those images are unacceptable for
> posting on this server.  As such he has left us with no alternative
> but to deny him further access to this news server.

I dont recall official statement from Admin that such images are
untollerable, can You point me to it?

--
http://www.raf256.com/3d/
Rafal Maj 'Raf256', home page - http://www.raf256.com/me/