POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Searching povray.org Server Time
3 Aug 2024 10:16:36 EDT (-0400)
  Searching povray.org (Message 1 to 5 of 5)
From: Tor Olav Kristensen
Subject: Searching povray.org
Date: 22 Mar 2004 20:44:42
Message: <405f968a$1@news.povray.org>
Has anyone else noticed this page:

http://www.povray.org/search/

Did it appear recently or has it been there for a while ?

--
Tor Olav
http://subcube.com

Post a reply to this message

From: Hughes, B
Subject: Re: Searching povray.org
Date: 22 Mar 2004 21:36:56
Message: <405fa2c8$1@news.povray.org>
"Tor Olav Kristensen" <tor_olav_kCURLYAhotmail.com> wrote in message
> Has anyone else noticed this page:
>
> http://www.povray.org/search/
>
> Did it appear recently or has it been there for a while ?

Got added sometime this month, I believe. Maybe while the web view news
groups were still being modified. It hasn't been there a long time anyhow. I
can't find any mention around here to pinpoint when exactly. I read very
recently about the new Support link at povray.org so maybe that was also
added at the same time.

Bob H.

Post a reply to this message

> "Tor Olav Kristensen" <tor_olav_kCURLYAhotmail.com> wrote in message
>
>>Has anyone else noticed this page:
>>
>>http://www.povray.org/search/
>>
>>Did it appear recently or has it been there for a while ?
>

> Got added sometime this month, I believe. Maybe while the web view news
> groups were still being modified. It hasn't been there a long time anyhow. I
> can't find any mention around here to pinpoint when exactly. I read very
> recently about the new Support link at povray.org so maybe that was also
> added at the same time.

Ok. So I should have understood that something
was happening when google started responing
with hits inside the newsgroups...

I think that the support link will make it
much easier for the newbiews to find us.

--
Tor Olav
http://subcube.com

Post a reply to this message

> Ok. So I should have understood that something
> was happening when google started responing
> with hits inside the newsgroups...

Wasn't it policy for news.povray.org to not be indexed or redistributed
outside of povray's domain? I was curious when i started seeing google
results of pov's newsgroups as well.

Or does the policy just pertain to nntp feeds?

ross.

Post a reply to this message