POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Gas Flame (needs help) Server Time
3 Aug 2024 10:23:59 EDT (-0400)
  Gas Flame (needs help) (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: Steve Shelby
Subject: Gas Flame (needs help)
Date: 21 Mar 2004 08:50:47
Message: <405d9db7@news.povray.org>
Please see the images posted at p.b.i.
The flame is a bezier patch with scattering media. In flame1 the only light
is a blue spotlight at its base, and it's almost acceptable. As soon as I
add a point light to the scene (flame2), it's totally unacceptable. I've
tried tweeking everything I can think of, and can't keep the outside of the
bezier patch from showing. Is there a way to fix this, or am I going about
it all wrong?
Steve Shelby

Post a reply to this message

> The flame is a bezier patch with scattering media. In flame1 the only light
> is a blue spotlight at its base, and it's almost acceptable. As soon as I
> add a point light to the scene (flame2), it's totally unacceptable. I've
> tried tweeking everything I can think of, and can't keep the outside of the
> bezier patch from showing. Is there a way to fix this, or am I going about
> it all wrong?
> Steve Shelby

i suppose you've had a look at the rocket engine flame bits posted
awhile ago, for ideas etc ??
shouldn't be to different from a gas flame, unless at minimum

stephen