POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : How many different ways ... Server Time
3 Aug 2024 10:18:54 EDT (-0400)
  How many different ways ... (Message 1 to 8 of 8)
From: Kevin Loney
Subject: How many different ways ...
Date: 19 Mar 2004 22:47:05
Message: <405bbeb9@news.povray.org>
can you emit a particle in a particle system? would you want to be able to
emit a particle in a particle system?

-randomly inside an object
-randomly on the surface of an object
-along a spline at random points
-along a spline progressivly
-from a single point
-from a collection of points

Am I missing anything that anyone can think of that might come in handy?

--
Kevin

Post a reply to this message

From: Tim Nikias v2 0
Subject: Re: How many different ways ...
Date: 20 Mar 2004 05:16:17
Message: <405c19f1@news.povray.org>
> -randomly inside an object
> -randomly on the surface of an object
> -along a spline at random points
> -along a spline progressivly
> -from a single point
> -from a collection of points
>
> Am I missing anything that anyone can think of that might come in handy?

Well, if you've given all those option, you just need to make sure that it's
easy to define the collection of points. Because with that, everyone can
easily build his own methods. Still, the ways you've given seem to cover
everything. Maybe a macro which takes a value between 0 and 1 as input and
outputs a position.

Regards,
Tim

--