POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Matching Cameras Server Time
3 Aug 2024 12:18:12 EDT (-0400)
  Matching Cameras (Message 1 to 5 of 5)
From: John M  Dlugosz
Subject: Matching Cameras
Date: 2 Mar 2004 15:10:56
Message: <4044ea50@news.povray.org>
Given a photograph for a background "plate", I want to
render an object in POV that will be composed into the
photo.  So, I need to make the camera position and
perspective match the photo.

Given a square of a known size in the x-z plane visible in
the photo, supposing one corner of the square is the origin,
has anyone already made a script or spreadsheet or something
to figure it out?  That is, given the length of the two
sides and the angle between them, calculate the camera
position.

--John

Post a reply to this message

> Given a photograph for a background "plate", I want to render an object
> in POV that will be composed into the photo.  So, I need to make the
> camera position and perspective match the photo.
This make me think of a great tool I found when I was using windows.
It's name was "Photo Modeler 3d". It was able to take a bunch of photos
with "common points" and give a 3d model of the object. I've tried to
reimplement this thing by myself but never managed to do it ://

Maybe if someone know the process he could help both of us :))

--
:wq
Court-Jus

Post a reply to this message

From: ABX
Date: 3 Mar 2004 03:08:25
Message: <6j4b40hsbetbod83obtl0m2honmev42one@4ax.com>
On Wed, 03 Mar 2004 09:01:05 +0100, Court-Jus <new### [at] court-jusnet> wrote:
> This make me think of a great tool I found when I was using windows.
> It's name was "Photo Modeler 3d". It was able to take a bunch of photos
> with "common points" and give a 3d model of the object. I've tried to
> reimplement this thing by myself but never managed to do it ://

http://research.microsoft.com/news/monthlyfeature/mars.aspx
http://research.microsoft.com/~antcrim/mars_web_MSRC/mars.htm

ABX

Post a reply to this message

From: Court-Jus
Date: 3 Mar 2004 03:15:36
Message: <40459428$1@news.povray.org>

> Given a photograph for a background "plate", I want to render an object
> in POV that will be composed into the photo.  So, I need to make the
> camera position and perspective match the photo.
>
> Given a square of a known size in the x-z plane visible in the photo,
> supposing one corner of the square is the origin, has anyone already
> made a script or spreadsheet or something to figure it out?  That is,
> given the length of the two sides and the angle between them, calculate
> the camera position.
You should have a look at :

http://www.univie.ac.at/Luftbildarchiv/wgv/intro.htm

--
:wq
Court-Jus

Post a reply to this message

From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 3 Mar 2004 16:47:31
Message: <40465273@news.povray.org>
In article <4046124d@news.povray.org> , Darren New <dne### [at] sanrrcom>  wrote:

> Nothing to do with matching cameras, but...
>
> I always wondered why I didn't see more stereo-pairs from povray. I'm
> tempted to do my whole castle in stereo. :-)
>
> (This is a WIP from my castle construction project. It starts looking a

By now you should really know where to post binaries and where not to do so!

    Thorsten

Thorsten Froehlich
e-mail: mac### [at] povrayorg

I am a member of the POV-Ray Team.