POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Re: a bug with only four planes in the script ? Server Time
3 Aug 2024 14:17:30 EDT (-0400)
  Re: a bug with only four planes in the script ? (Message 1 to 6 of 6)
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Subject: Re: a bug with only four planes in the script ?
Date: 25 Feb 2004 12:30:29
Message: <403cdbb5$1@news.povray.org>
In article <403cd8b3@news.povray.org> , Christophe Raffalli
<raf### [at] univ-savoiefr>  wrote:

> When computing the attached script I get wrong plane intersections (it
> should only lines ?) see the attached image.
>
> Is this a bug ?

Planes divide space such that everything "below" the plane is considered
solid.  This is explained in the manual.

    Thorsten

PS: Please do not post binary attachments to non-binary groups.

Thorsten Froehlich, Duisburg, Germany
e-mail: tho### [at] trfde

>>When computing the attached script I get wrong plane intersections (it
>>should only lines ?) see the attached image.
>>
>>Is this a bug ?
>

> Planes divide space such that everything "below" the plane is considered
> solid.  This is explained in the manual.
>
>     Thorsten

That do not explain why the intersection of the plane parallel to the
screen and the plan at the bottom left is not a line on the picture.

> PS: Please do not post binary attachments to non-binary groups.

How can I then show the image exposing the bug ?
Put is on my web page ?