POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : WOOHOO! ...er...except for... Server Time
3 Aug 2024 16:20:49 EDT (-0400)
  WOOHOO! ...er...except for... (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: gonzo
Subject: WOOHOO! ...er...except for...
Date: 5 Feb 2004 03:48:47
Message: <4022036f@news.povray.org>
I just received an e-mail from someone at IBM Deutschland who's putting
together a Povray demo on their JS20 for a trade show and they'd like to use
my "Mystery Lights" image for it.

He wants me to send the source, but I remembered I used Gena Obukhov's
tomtreem macro and Gilles Tran's makegrass, so I'm not sure if that's cool
to redistribute.   Looking though my source, I don't actually use Gilles
macro, just a grasspatch I created with it. The trees though are a data file
that calls the macro so it needs the macro to render.

There's no copyright notice or license terms in the macro, so what's the
proper way to do this?  I would of course include all credits to original
authors, but I'm not sure about the distribution part.

Gilles?  Gena?  Suggestions?  IP Police?  SCO?  Thanks for any advice.

RG

Post a reply to this message

> Gilles?  Gena?  Suggestions?  IP Police?  SCO?  Thanks for any advice.

Zero problem for my macros and objects derived from them. Use and
distribute.

G.

--

http://www.oyonale.com