POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Home made HDRI Server Time
4 Aug 2024 06:12:36 EDT (-0400)
  Home made HDRI (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: Micheal (Mike) Williams
Subject: Home made HDRI
Date: 30 Jul 2003 18:44:48
Message: <3f284a60$1@news.povray.org>
I have found a way to turn images into good light probe images. Using
Photoshop I select the light sources in the image with the wand and  invert
then convert the image to 16bit. Using levels I drop white from 255 down to
8. That is 1/32. Save image as tiff. Some small adjustments with the black
side may be needed but this will not be known until your finished. Load the
tiff file into hdrshop and scale the pixels by 32. Save as hdr and now you
have an image that will light the scene correctly.

I will post an example in binaries.images.

--
Mike Williams

IBO#770070
www.quixtar.com