POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Focal blue problems Server Time
4 Aug 2024 14:28:24 EDT (-0400)
  Focal blue problems (Message 1 to 5 of 5)
From: Andrew Rowson
Subject: Focal blue problems
Date: 17 May 2003 10:27:19
Message: <3ec646c7$1@news.povray.org>
I'm trying to do a scene with two objects, looking along z, one at z=-5
(which I want to be in focus) and the other at about z=30 (which is out of
focus).

Camera is set:

camera {
 perspective
 angle 45.0000
 right < 1.0, 0, 0>
 up 1.47*y

 location cameralocation
 look_at <0,2,0>
 aperture 0.5
 blur_samples 10000
 focal_point<0,0,-5>
}

Even using that many blur samples, there are still artifacts in the distant
object.

Any ideas on how to get a smoother blur on the distance object?

Post a reply to this message

"Andrew Rowson" <pov### [at] growsecom> wrote in message
> I'm trying to do a scene with two objects, looking along z, one at z=-5
> (which I want to be in focus) and the other at about z=30 (which is out of
> focus).
>
> Camera is set:
>
> camera {
>  perspective
>  angle 45.0000
>  right < 1.0, 0, 0>
>  up 1.47*y
>
>  location cameralocation
>  look_at <0,2,0>
>  aperture 0.5
>  blur_samples 10000
>  focal_point<0,0,-5>
> }
>
> Even using that many blur samples, there are still artifacts in the
distant
> object.
>
> Any ideas on how to get a smoother blur on the distance object?

Sorry, I should add that stupidly small variance and a confidence value of 1
still give a grainy blur.

Post a reply to this message