POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : moving include objecs Server Time
4 Aug 2024 14:23:13 EDT (-0400)
  moving include objecs (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: Alex McMurray
Subject: moving include objecs
Date: 9 May 2003 02:29:58
Message: <3ebb4ae6@news.povray.org>
Hi all,

While I have been using POV and Moray for quite some time, it is only
recently that I have decided to do more hands on scripting work
To experiment I am re-coding Moray files but I am having problems with
include files, particularly moving them around.
I have been studying various pov files from both the manual and from the
newsgroups to try to get a handle on what I am doing.

From a tutorial, I believe this is the way to move include objects around,
but I keep getting an error message

eg:

in the main pov file I have.

                #include "nextfile.pov"

later I use

                object {nextfile
                     translate <x, y, z>
                }

to move it.
(I borrowed this technique from a pov tutorial)

This produces the error message:

object {nextfile <----ERROR

Parse Error: Expected 'object', undeclared identifier 'nextfile' found
instead

POV 3.5
Brain (beyond use-by date)

thanks Alex