POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : faceted gems Server Time
4 Aug 2024 14:28:42 EDT (-0400)
  faceted gems (Message 1 to 1 of 1)
From: Alan Walkington
Subject: faceted gems
Date: 30 Apr 2003 02:30:54
Message: <3eaf6d9e$1@news.povray.org>
Folks:
I created one faceted stone using CSG, and decided that my time was better
spent on other things.

I found a program called GEMCAD (free 30 day trial). I found some faceting
diagrams on the net, and used GEMCAD to produce some more or less
professional looking gem cuts.  I then wrote a PHP script to convert them to
povray scene files.  There are half a dozen or so interesting faceted
objects.  Test images are in p.b.images, and scene-files are in
p.b.scene-files under the same name.

They are yours for the using.

Cheers,
Alan Walkington