POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : New 3D contest Server Time
4 Aug 2024 18:17:05 EDT (-0400)
  New 3D contest (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: Flu
Subject: New 3D contest
Date: 27 Mar 2003 21:38:03
Message: <3e83b58b@news.povray.org>
I'd like to introduce everyone here to a new 3D contest that went online.
The site is Worth1000 (linked below) and has been on the net for quite some
time. It was primarily started as a photo-editing contest site (PhotoShop
contest) but recently added multiple types of contests including Text,
Illustration, Animation, Photography and 3D. The format of uploading,
voting, viewing, etc... had been modified continuously over the years and is
one of the best that I have ever seen, once you get used to it. It's a
little intimidating at first, but once you read through the FAQ, talk to
people on the site and enter a few contests, you start to understand and
appreciate it's complexity. The username of the one who runs the site is
JaxomLOTUS and he is constantly making site changes and is extremely
friendly and accessible.

I apologize for the lateness of this post. The first contest (Virtual
Edibles) will open for viewing and voting in three days, but there will be
another new contest right behind it. You may have an old render laying
around that you might want to enter. The first contest lasted 15 days for
submitting but that will change as Jax figures out what works best.

I encourage anyone here to go and look at the site, browse the old PS
contests, look at the forums (you have to register to do so, but registering
is free) and jump in. Please feel free to ask any qustions if I can give
more detail. You really have to give this site a chance to truly appreciate
it.

http://www.Worth1000.com

--
-Flu

"Imagination is the foundation of Reality" - Gallagher

Post a reply to this message