POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : How to add attributes to pre-defined textures? Server Time
5 Aug 2024 00:22:35 EDT (-0400)
  How to add attributes to pre-defined textures? (Message 1 to 6 of 6)
From: Andreas Kreisig
Subject: How to add attributes to pre-defined textures?
Date: 23 Jan 2003 10:06:16
Message: <3e3004e8@news.povray.org>
Hi all!

This may be a stupid question, but I didn't know how to add some attributes
to pre-defined textures. An expample:

I defined something like this:

#declare ma_bottle_fsh=material { M_Glass2 }

and want to add some bumpiness to the bottle, or I defined this:

#declare ma_chair_fsh=texture { T_Wood15 }

and want to add a shiny surface.

How can I do that?

Thanks & Regards,
Andreas

--
http://www.render-zone.com

Post a reply to this message

> I didn't know how to add some attributes
> to pre-defined textures.
>
> I defined something like this:
> #declare ma_bottle_fsh=material { M_Glass2 }
> and want to add some bumpiness to the bottle,

Just add the attributes you want to the definition:

#declare ma_bottle_fsh =
material {
	texture {
		M_Glass2

		normal {
			dents
		}
	}
}

> or I defined this:
> #declare ma_chair_fsh=texture { T_Wood15 }
> and want to add a shiny surface.

#declare ma_chair_fsh =
texture {
	T_Wood15

	finish {
		reflection 0.2
	}
}

Hope that helps.

Bonsai

--
<--------------------------->
    ___ __ __  _ ___ ___  _
   | _ )  \  \( )  _) _ )( )
   | _ \() |\ \ |\ \/ _ \| |
   |___/__/_)\__)___)/ \_)_)

        www.b0n541.net
<--------------------------->

Post a reply to this message

>> I didn't know how to add some attributes
>> to pre-defined textures.
>>
>> I defined something like this:
>> #declare ma_bottle_fsh=material { M_Glass2 }
>> and want to add some bumpiness to the bottle,
>
> Just add the attributes you want to the definition:
>
> #declare ma_bottle_fsh =
> material {
> texture {
> M_Glass2
>
> normal {
> dents
> }
> }
> }
>
>> or I defined this:
>> #declare ma_chair_fsh=texture { T_Wood15 }
>> and want to add a shiny surface.
>
> #declare ma_chair_fsh =
> texture {
> T_Wood15