POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Help with converting a SuperEllipsoid to an Isosurface Server Time
5 Aug 2024 02:17:28 EDT (-0400)
  Help with converting a SuperEllipsoid to an Isosurface (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: Patrick Dugan
Subject: Help with converting a SuperEllipsoid to an Isosurface
Date: 16 Jan 2003 13:55:31
Message: <3e270023$1@news.povray.org>
I need someone smarter than me (won't take much I assure you) to explain how
to create an isosurface
that is basically the same "looking" object as a superellipsoid.  The reason
I want to do this is the bug
with superellipsoids.  If I make a difference between two of them I get odd
parts disappearing.  I read
in an earlier post that you could create an isosurface that was the
equivalent of the superellipsoid without
the problems.  How can I make an Isosurface that is basically the same as
this superellipsoid?  Is it
possible?  Below you see my poor stab at it, but I can't get the same
appearance.

Any help would be appreciated!

Patrick Dugan

//// This is what I want the isosurface to look like....
superellipsoid { <1, 0.5>
   pigment {Green}
}

/// This was my feeble attempt.
isosurface {
   function {f_ellipsoid(x,y,z, 0.5, 1, 1)}
   threshold 1.0
   pigment {Green}
}

Post a reply to this message

Nevermind, I finally saw the mistake.  I was using the wrong function
(ellipsoid as opposed to superellipsoid)
For example:

function { - f_superellipsoid   (x,y,z,0.5,0.5) }