POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Maximum possible extents for POV-Ray scene coordinates? Server Time
5 Aug 2024 02:17:22 EDT (-0400)
  Maximum possible extents for POV-Ray scene coordinates? (Message 1 to 7 of 7)
From: George Pantazopoulos
Subject: Maximum possible extents for POV-Ray scene coordinates?
Date: 8 Jan 2003 14:35:58
Message: <3e1c7d9e$1@news.povray.org>
Hey all,
    What are the minimum and maximum possible values that any coordinate in
scene space could ever have?

Thanks,
George P

Post a reply to this message

From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 8 Jan 2003 15:24:50
Message: <3e1c8912@news.povray.org>
In article <3e1c7d9e$1@news.povray.org> , "George Pantazopoulos"
<the### [at] attbicom*KILLSPAM*> wrote:

>     What are the minimum and maximum possible values that any coordinate in
> scene space could ever have?

Anything POV-Ray will read as float will be accepted, which means the limits
of an IEEE 754 64 bit floating-point number also apply to POV-Ray on all
supported platform.  But assume practical limits to be at 1.000.000 and 1 /
1.000.000 .

    Thorsten

Thorsten Froehlich, Duisburg, Germany
e-mail: tho### [at] trfde