POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Ansiotropic highlights? Server Time
5 Aug 2024 04:21:08 EDT (-0400)
  Ansiotropic highlights? (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: cadman
Subject: Ansiotropic highlights?
Date: 1 Jan 2003 19:43:35
Message: <3e138b37@news.povray.org>
Is there a way to create ansiotropic (elliptical) highlights in POV?
Such as are seen on brushed metal or clear-coat type finishes?

Post a reply to this message

From: Slime
Subject: Re: Ansiotropic highlights?
Date: 2 Jan 2003 09:18:23
Message: <3e144a2f@news.povray.org>
> Is there a way to create ansiotropic (elliptical) highlights in POV?
> Such as are seen on brushed metal or clear-coat type finishes?

Not directly. The best thing I can think of is to create a normal pattern
which mimics the direction of the tiny grooves, and then use a high AA
setting.

 - Slime
[ http://www.slimeland.com/ ]

Post a reply to this message