POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Delaunay Triangulation/Voronio Server Time
5 Aug 2024 06:17:59 EDT (-0400)
  Delaunay Triangulation/Voronio (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
Subject: Delaunay Triangulation/Voronio
Date: 1 Dec 2002 16:44:37
Message: <3dea82c5$1@news.povray.org>

Post a reply to this message

From: Peter Popov
Subject: Re: Delaunay Triangulation/Voronio
Date: 2 Dec 2002 01:52:21
Message: <kj0muuot1muorj8hud4rivchgj875u4go5@4ax.com>

<Ale### [at] gmxde> wrote:

>does anyone have experience with the visualisation of data using
>Delaunay triangulation and/or Voronoi shapes? Is there maybe
>something like a plugin for POV which takes data (i.e. points) and
>calculates the triangulation by itself?

Well, not really, but there's the crackle pattern which is using a
Voronoi distance function in a random grid, and there's the source
code, too :)

If you know the maths, it should be possible to implement it in POV
script and functions. With a large data set and no optimizations it
can be a very slow calculation, though.

Peter Popov ICQ : 15002700
Personal e-mail : pet### [at] vipbg

> does anyone have experience with the visualisation of data using
> Delaunay triangulation and/or Voronoi shapes? Is there maybe
> something like a plugin for POV which takes data (i.e. points) and
> calculates the triangulation by itself?

I don't know much about this problem but perhaps below link can help
http://news.povray.org/search/?s=Voronoi :-)

ABX

Post a reply to this message