POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Need Help Server Time
5 Aug 2024 08:22:00 EDT (-0400)
  Need Help (Message 1 to 7 of 7)
From: Wu Yang
Subject: Need Help
Date: 13 Nov 2002 14:33:35
Message: <3dd2a90f$1@news.povray.org>
Hi, all
   I am now reading a sample pov file ( \\ POV-Ray for Windows v3.5 \\
scenes \\ advanced \\ sunsethf.pov ). The following is a piece of code:
height_field {
   png "fract003.png"
   water_level 0.4

   pigment {
      image_map { png "fract003.png" }
      quick_color White
      rotate 90*x
      scale <320.0, 1.0, 200.0>
      translate <0.0, 0.0, -1.0>
   }

   scale <320, 256, 200>
   scale <2.0, 0.5, 2.0>
   translate <-160.0, -63.5, -100.0>
   rotate 10*y
   translate <-80.0, 0.0, -30.0>
}

I do not know what "rotate 90*x" means in pigment definition. I tried to
find in the help pages, but I did not find it. Could someone explain it to
me? Thanks

Best Regards
Wu Yang

Post a reply to this message

> I do not know what "rotate 90*x" means in pigment definition. I tried to
> find in the help pages, but I did not find it. Could someone explain it to
> me? Thanks

You rotate a pattern in space.  Simply see a pattern as infinitely many
points in space, which you can of course still rotate around the origin just
like you can rotate a single point.

    Thorsten

Thorsten Froehlich, Duisburg, Germany
e-mail: tho### [at] trfde