POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Output file name Server Time
5 Aug 2024 08:19:43 EDT (-0400)
  Output file name (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: Ross Smith
Subject: Output file name
Date: 12 Nov 2002 18:45:42
Message: <3dd192a6@news.povray.org>
Is there any way to tell Povray not to add a suffix to the output file
name I give it? E.g. if I use "+FN +Ofoo", I want the output file to be
called "foo", not "foo.png". (OK, that's a silly example, but there are
cases where I need to use a nonstandard extension for the benefit of
other programs that will be reading the file.)

--
Ross Smith ...................... Pharos Systems, Auckland, New Zealand

"I write science fiction and fantasy for a living. The science fiction
is labelled 'Technical proposal', and the fantasy is labelled 'Budget
estimate'." -- Jordin Kare

Post a reply to this message

: Is there any way to tell Povray not to add a suffix to the output file
: name I give it? E.g. if I use "+FN +Ofoo", I want the output file to be
: called "foo", not "foo.png". (OK, that's a silly example, but there are
: cases where I need to use a nonstandard extension for the benefit of
: other programs that will be reading the file.)
:
: --
: Ross Smith ...................... Pharos Systems, Auckland, New Zealand
:
: "I write science fiction and fantasy for a living. The science fiction
: is labelled 'Technical proposal', and the fantasy is labelled 'Budget
: estimate'." -- Jordin Kare

I just tested the master INI with:

Output_File_Name=D:\Images\test.

And it made a file named "test" with no file extension. So try just
appending the period in +Ofoo.
=Bob=