POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : subset-frames and Create_Ini Server Time
5 Aug 2024 10:26:49 EDT (-0400)
  subset-frames and Create_Ini (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: Tim Nikias
Subject: subset-frames and Create_Ini
Date: 28 Oct 2002 03:53:56
Message: <3dbcfb24@news.povray.org>
When using Create_Ini, the ini that is created uses
subset-framing, reaching from subset_start_frame 1
to subset_end_frame 1, thus, I only get one frame
of any animation.
In order to see if this was due to Create_Ini, which
was also handed to the ini created as being "on" (which
it was to be created in the first place), and if this being
"on" overwrote the ini every time and thus some error
was caused... Well, setting it to "" (off) didn't change a
thing, the ini will only render one frame, the first.
When deleting the values for the subset-commands,
POV will run the ini correctly and trace my animation.
(Not the entire command, just leaving the
"Subset_Start_Frame=", no number anymore)

Could anyone clarify the actual use of motives of this?
Perhaps Create_Ini was made with stills in mind, but
then it might be useful to note this in the docs. Also,
nowhere are the default values for subset-frames noted,
this could be a nice addition in case one is looking on how
to disable subset-frames...

Thanks in advance,
Tim

--