POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : New World Machine version available Server Time
5 Aug 2024 14:19:51 EDT (-0400)
  New World Machine version available (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: Stephen Schmitt
Subject: New World Machine version available
Date: 24 Sep 2002 23:19:00
Message: <3d912b24@news.povray.org>
Hey everyone,

I know some folks here have used World Machine, so I just wanted to post
that a new version (.98 beta) is available. For those who haven't used it,
WM is an object-oriented terrain generation program with some pretty
powerful tools.

There's a ton of new features, so I won't list them all here. But one of the
especially useful additions for povray folks is that WM now can export to
the povray-special 16bit RedGreen TGAs. The added precision is very, very
helpful when rendering heightfields.

http://students.washington.edu/sschmitt/world

Cheers!

Stephen Schmitt