POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : isosurface woes Server Time
5 Aug 2024 16:11:55 EDT (-0400)
  isosurface woes (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: James Taylor
Subject: isosurface woes
Date: 8 Sep 2002 17:45:25
Message: <3d7bc4f5@news.povray.org>
Hi all

I've just started playing around with isosurfaces, only without much
success.
Here's a snippet of my code:

#local round = 0.2;

isosurface {
    function{f_superellipsoid(x,y,z, round, round)}
    contained_by { box { -1, 1 } }
    pigment{White}
}

I would expect this to produce a round box, but all I see is the container
box with some artefacts.
My aim to produce a round box as would appear if using the superellipsiod
primitive - I'm using an isosurface though because I want to later deform it
with a noise function.

I'm guessing there's a simple solution I've overlooked in the manual.

thanks in advance
jim

Post a reply to this message