POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : how to morph? Server Time
6 Aug 2024 04:15:46 EDT (-0400)
  how to morph? (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: Chris Friedl
Subject: how to morph?
Date: 25 Jun 2002 02:51:29
Message: <3d1812f1@news.povray.org>
Hi All

I want to morph some 3D letters (non English Alphabet) into other letters
and also other solid objects. I can't find references to morphing in the
Pov-Ray help (3.5 beta 6) althought I've seen references in older Pov-Ray
news posts. If morphing isn't a built in feature of Pov-Ray, can anyone
point me in a direction which covers this topic from the Pov-Ray point of
view. Thanks.

Be Well and Happy Always

Chris

On Tue, 25 Jun 2002 16:51:39 +1000, "Chris Friedl" <cfr### [at] bigpondnetau>
wrote:
> I want to morph some 3D letters (non English Alphabet) into other letters
> and also other solid objects.

Something like this ?
http://news.povray.org/povray.binaries.animations/23891/167475/wip.mpg

> If morphing isn't a built in feature of Pov-Ray, can anyone
> point me in a direction which covers this topic from the Pov-Ray point of
> view.

In above example - isosurfaces. Neither easy nor fast solution. But very fun.

ABX

Post a reply to this message