POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : A JavaScript Raytracer Server Time
6 Aug 2024 04:20:27 EDT (-0400)
  A JavaScript Raytracer (Message 1 to 7 of 7)
From: Slime
Subject: A JavaScript Raytracer
Date: 9 Jun 2002 18:44:35
Message: <3d03da53$1@news.povray.org>
Made this myself from knowledge I've gained from POV-Ray, and my matrix
algebra class last semester didn't hurt either.

Beware: it's 100s of times slower than povray, and pretty darn limited =) I
don't plan on expanding it any further; I just wanted to prove to myself
that I *could* do it.

http://www.slimeland.com/experiments/raytrace.html

(btw: apologies if this should belong in off-topic, i'm not sure where to
put it, just wanted to share.)

 - Slime
[ http://www.slimeland.com/ ]

Post a reply to this message

> Made this myself from knowledge I've gained from POV-Ray, and my
> matrix algebra class last semester didn't hurt either.
>
> Beware: it's 100s of times slower than povray, and pretty darn
> limited =) I don't plan on expanding it any further; I just wanted to
> prove to myself that I *could* do it.
>
> http://www.slimeland.com/experiments/raytrace.html

That is just so cool :)

--
Rick

Kitty5 WebDesign - http://Kitty5.com
POV-Ray News & Resources - http://Povray.co.uk
TEL : +44 (01270) 501101 - FAX : +44 (01270) 251105 - ICQ : 15776037

PGP Public Key

---

"Slime" <slm### [at] slimelandcom> wrote in message
> Made this myself from knowledge I've gained from POV-Ray, and my matrix
> algebra class last semester didn't hurt either.
>
> Beware: it's 100s of times slower than povray, and pretty darn limited =)
> don't plan on expanding it any further; I just wanted to prove to myself
> that I *could* do it.
>
> http://www.slimeland.com/experiments/raytrace.html
>
> (btw: apologies if this should belong in off-topic, i'm not sure where to
> put it, just wanted to share.)
>
>  - Slime
> [ http://www.slimeland.com/ ]

Post a reply to this message

As my computer teacher would say, "that has a high degree of niftitude".

--
Kevin
http://www.geocities.com/qsquared_1999/

Post a reply to this message