POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : ram disk Server Time
6 Aug 2024 06:21:03 EDT (-0400)
  ram disk (Message 1 to 6 of 6)
From: James Taylor
Subject: ram disk
Date: 18 May 2002 14:42:38
Message: <3ce6a09e@news.povray.org>
Hi all

I've been working on an anim which reads and writes some data files on every
frame, and was wondering if (using pov under windows 98) I could io the
files to ram - I suspect this would give negligible speed up on small files,
but may help with larger ones.

Before I got a PC, I used an Amiga, where the path to the ram was RAM: in
the same way the path to the harddisk or floppy is c: and a: on a PC.

So is this possible?

Thanks
jim

Post a reply to this message