POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : POVRay Objects Collection: Call for new objects Server Time
6 Aug 2024 16:57:46 EDT (-0400)
  POVRay Objects Collection: Call for new objects (Message 1 to 9 of 9)
From: Micha Riser
Subject: POVRay Objects Collection: Call for new objects
Date: 8 Mar 2002 18:54:16
Message: <3c894f28@news.povray.org>
Now where the site is again fully up and running I noticed that there has
not been any new addition to the collection recently.So it would be great
if you could dig out some of your objects for POV-Ray and share it with the
world by contributing to the POV-Ray Objects Collection. (Of course you can
also submit things you have already made public on the newsservers.)

You find the collection at:
http://objects.povworld.org or also
http://www.povworld.de/objects

I will also try to set up a mirror in the next days.

A question: Shall I expand the collection by a separate section for (that
kind of) macros which are currently not included? The original reason for
excluding them was that there was already a own collection for them.

For those you have never heard of the collection:

"This is a collection of objects from POVRay user. The collection is
public, that means everybody can access to the object and everybody is
welcome to put up his or her own objects. The idea of this collection is to
share, so when you download objects please take care to help this
collection growing by adding objects you have written or modelled by
yourself.
Though this collection is a POVRay collection, objects which are made with
modelers (e.g. MORAY, Rhino3D) are also welcome. If you want to add such
an object, please send your object in the format usually used with your
modeler AND in the .pov format."

- Micha
  POVObjects Admin

Post a reply to this message