POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Scaling control pattern before normal_map Server Time
6 Aug 2024 19:32:24 EDT (-0400)
  Scaling control pattern before normal_map (Message 1 to 6 of 6)
Subject: Scaling control pattern before normal_map
Date: 18 Feb 2002 18:08:50
Message: <3c718982$1@news.povray.org>
Is there a way to scale the pattern which controls a normal_map before this
map is applied?
Scaling the complete normal after all changes the normal vectors of the
normal patterns used in the normal_map. And this is something I want to
avoid.

Post a reply to this message

> Is there a way to scale the pattern which controls a normal_map before this
> map is applied?
> Scaling the complete normal after all changes the normal vectors of the
> normal patterns used in the normal_map. And this is something I want to
> avoid.

For POV 3.5, replace:
normal {PATTERN scale ...}
with
normal {function {pattern {PATTERN scale ...}} ...}

TAG web site: http://tag.povray.org/

Post a reply to this message