POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Could not save photon map - no photons! Server Time
6 Aug 2024 19:25:25 EDT (-0400)
  Could not save photon map - no photons! (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: Patrick Dugan
Subject: Could not save photon map - no photons!
Date: 17 Feb 2002 13:14:22
Message: <3c6ff2fe@news.povray.org>
I am trying to figure out what I am doing wrong.  The photon map will not
save for some reason.
The hard drive has quite a bit of free space (9 gig free) and the directory
has full rights.  (Local directory on Windows XP)
The message window gives this error:

Scene contains 206 frame level objects; 0 infinite.
Could not save photon map - no photons!

Here are my photon settings in the global section:

   photons {
      spacing 0.02
      gather 100, 100
      expand_thresholds 0.2, 30
      autostop 0
      save_file "WatchP3.pht"
     // load_file "WatchP3.pht"
   }

Here is my light source:

light_source {< 30, 50, -70>
    color White * 1.25
    spotlight
    point_at <0, 0, 0>
    radius 5
    tightness 50
    falloff 6
    media_interaction
    photons {
      refraction on
      reflection on
      area_light
    }
}

I have several objects using:
photons { target reflection on refraction off }

Any ideas what is wrong?

Thank you,
Patrick Dugan

Post a reply to this message