POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : need HELP Server Time
7 Aug 2024 01:24:03 EDT (-0400)
  need HELP (Message 1 to 1 of 1)
From: TAlphaBravo
Subject: need HELP
Date: 23 Dec 2001 23:16:16
Message: <3c26ac10$1@news.povray.org>
I usualy don't ask for help, but i have reached an impass.
I am playing with media, and want to use some different values for my
scattering and absorption parts of my media (naturally), and I don't want to
have the absorption being affected by the scattring in terms of samples or
color.
I made 2 medias for the scene, and turned off the scattering one to fine
tune the absorption.  I put a spotlight in w/o media atteuation (if that
matters) to get some light on one spot (I'm using mostly ambient light for
many reasons) but i noticed that there were many smaples being taken in the
spotlight, but hardly any others along rays that intersected it (the rest of
the immage is fine, though)  I even turned the light on the spot off (rgb 0)
but that had no effect.  (Oh, I am using a density pattern) The smaples are
obviously centered only on the light beam, is there any way to turn off the
extra samples in the light, I have allready tried ratio, and that ain't
workin'.

In a word, well, HELP!

Here is the source code:

camera{location <0,0,-1>