POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Help with dense scattering media Server Time
7 Aug 2024 07:19:17 EDT (-0400)
  Help with dense scattering media (Message 1 to 1 of 1)
From: Philippe Debar
Subject: Help with dense scattering media
Date: 14 Nov 2001 17:30:48
Message: <3bf2f098@news.povray.org>
I am having troubles whenever I try to "make" dense scattering media. To do
that I either raise the media color (eg : scattering{1, medai_color*many})
or do the same in a density statement. Both fails the same way : as I raise
the color/density of media, the color first fade to white (I guess color
saturation + clipping) and then the complementary color appears (I guess an
internal "absorption 1-scaterring_media_color"). What can I do ? I tried
things like setting "extinction 0" and using a separate "absorption
(1-scatterring_media_color)*many", but could not get a satisfactory result.

Povingly

Philippe