POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Rounded prisms Server Time
7 Aug 2024 09:24:41 EDT (-0400)
  Rounded prisms (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: Slime
Subject: Rounded prisms
Date: 19 Oct 2001 16:17:20
Message: <3bd08a50$1@news.povray.org>
I don't know if this has been done before, but I created a macro that will
make a prism with rounded edges. It works similarly to the rounded box macro
that I've heard of, I believe. It only works with linear_sweep and
linear_spline prisms, but it can come in handy occasionally. It uses
spheres, cylinders, and boxes to create a prism that's the same as a regular
prism, only as though the corners have been "sanded" to round them off at a
radius that you can specify.

I figured I'd share it with everyone here in case someone had a use for it.

You can download it at http://www.slimeland.com/misc/roundedprism.inc

- Slime
[ http://www.slimeland.com/ ]
[ http://www.slimeland.com/images/ ]

Post a reply to this message

The file has been updated a bit since I posted this message. I'm also about
to post some example images in p.b.images.