POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Gamma un-correction Server Time
7 Aug 2024 09:20:45 EDT (-0400)
  Gamma un-correction (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: Mark Wagner
Subject: Gamma un-correction
Date: 18 Oct 2001 23:26:19
Message: <3bcf9d5b@news.povray.org>
I've got a whole bunch of declared colors that were designed for
display_gamma 1.8 and no assumed_gamma.  How do I change them so they look
the same under display_gamma 1.8, assumed_gamma 1?

--
Mark

Post a reply to this message

> I've got a whole bunch of declared colors that were designed for
> display_gamma 1.8 and no assumed_gamma.  How do I change them so they look
> the same under display_gamma 1.8, assumed_gamma 1?

I've solved this by raising all the colors to the 1.8 power, like this:
  pigment { rgb <.2, .5, .8> }
becomes
  pigment { rgb <.2, .5, .8> ^ 1.8 }

Hope this helps.

(To reverse this operation, simply take the (1/1.8) power instead of 1.8.)