POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : iso mesh Server Time
7 Aug 2024 11:16:44 EDT (-0400)
  iso mesh (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: Buke9
Subject: iso mesh
Date: 6 Oct 2001 17:26:22
Message: <3bbf76fe$1@news.povray.org>
I was wondering if anyone knows how to make a spherical iso mesh?
What it is for is the tweeter cover of my Hafler M5 reference monitors.
Thanks,
       Buke

Post a reply to this message

From: Ruy
Subject: Re: iso mesh
Date: 6 Oct 2001 22:56:54
Message: <3bbfc476@news.povray.org>
"Buke9" <buk### [at] igloucom> escreveu na mensagem
> I was wondering if anyone knows how to make a spherical iso mesh?
> What it is for is the tweeter cover of my Hafler M5 reference monitors.
> Thanks,
>        Buke

An easy way to do that would be to:

1) describe your sphere with parametric equations:

x = sin(u)*sin(v)
y = cos(u)*sin(v)
z = cos(v)

2) feed the result into Ingo Janssen's "param.inc"

3) The resultin Surface object can be saved into a file, and the contents
are a mesh object.

For further information, refer to the following addresses:

http://www.econym.demon.co.uk/isotut/parametric.htm
http://www.econym.demon.co.uk/isotut/param.htm

Hope it helps. Have fun.

Ruy

Post a reply to this message

I think I wasn't clear I need a mesh1 function in spherical form.