POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Hey, Kari, about that milk Server Time
7 Aug 2024 13:18:17 EDT (-0400)
  Hey, Kari, about that milk (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: Tom Melly
Subject: Hey, Kari, about that milk
Date: 4 Oct 2001 17:30:59
Message: <3bbcd513@news.povray.org>
... Could the same approach be effective with a poser figure to give a
better skin-tone? Any suggestions?

Ta...

Post a reply to this message

From: Kari Kivisalo
Subject: Re: Hey, Kari, about that milk
Date: 4 Oct 2001 20:15:01
Message: <3BBCFBCB.FFEE9ABF@engineer.com>
Tom Melly wrote:

> ... Could the same approach be effective with a poser figure to give a
> better skin-tone? Any suggestions?

While I was trying get the white stuff to look like milk
at some point it looked like candle wax. That's all I can
say because I haven't done much with media. I'm not sure
if that milk would still look ok in a real scene with multiple
light sources and radiosity so I still consider it a trick
and not a realistic method.

Ok, I have some suggestions :) Multiple type 5 medias with different
eccentricities, colors and densities. Also worth trying are different
filter/transmit values for the surface texture. That's a lot of
variables but try first increasing the density (the value between
color and Diffuse) and changing the color of the milk media. Good luck :)

Kari Kivisalo