POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : CD - disc material rendering Server Time
7 Aug 2024 13:20:10 EDT (-0400)
  CD - disc material rendering (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: YE S
Subject: CD - disc material rendering
Date: 28 Sep 2001 10:30:35
Message: <3bb4898b@news.povray.org>
Hello , All.
I've got a question about the subj. Is there a way to render realistic CD
surface texture with the new "photon" feature from the Pov-Ray v3.5 ?  Or
maybe without ?

  Thank You ,Al;.

Post a reply to this message

From: Christoph Hormann
Subject: Re: CD - disc material rendering
Date: 28 Sep 2001 10:44:22
Message: <3BB48D94.C8C02684@gmx.de>
YE.S wrote:

>  Hello , All.
> I've got a question about the subj. Is there a way to render realistic CD
> surface texture with the new "photon" feature from the Pov-Ray v3.5 ?  Or
> maybe without ?

Have a look at Rune's CD include file:

http://rsj.mobilixnet.dk/3d/include/include.html

Photons will probably not be very difficult to add.

Christoph

--
Christoph Hormann <chr### [at] gmxde>