POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : How do you position reg. objs+blobs? Server Time
7 Aug 2024 15:17:01 EDT (-0400)
  How do you position reg. objs+blobs? (Message 1 to 10 of 11)
From: Mahalis
Subject: How do you position reg. objs+blobs?
Date: 19 Sep 2001 17:15:37
Message: <3ba90af9$1@news.povray.org>
How can you tell what the radius of a blob will be at any particular point
(is there some sort of formula)? Whenever I try to position a regular sphere
touching a blob, it doesn't look anything like I want it to.

Post a reply to this message

"Mahalis" <don### [at] fakeycom> wrote in message
> How can you tell what the radius of a blob will be at any particular point
> (is there some sort of formula)? Whenever I try to position a regular
sphere
> touching a blob, it doesn't look anything like I want it to.

    I am sure there is a formula for more complex shapes, but the general
idea is simple. If your radius is 1 and the threshold is 0.5, the surface is
0.5 units from the origin.

Post a reply to this message