POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Bug, quirk or feature? Server Time
8 Aug 2024 04:12:24 EDT (-0400)
  Bug, quirk or feature? (Message 1 to 5 of 5)
From: Gail Shaw
Subject: Bug, quirk or feature?
Date: 2 Apr 2001 10:08:31
Message: <3ac887df@news.povray.org>
Running megapov 0.6a for windows.

I rendered a scene with max trace level 150, checked
the render stats in the message window and saw
Max Level: 150/150

I then reduced max trace level to 100 (trying to speed
up test renders), rerendered without closing povray,
checked the render stats and saw
Max Level: 150/100

Is it remembering the maximum level traced in previous renderings
and tracing to that level regardless of max trace or is the message
wrong?

Gail
* gsh### [at] monotixcoza                *   Step into the abyss,           *
* http://www.rucus.ru.ac.za/~gail/   *   and let go.        Babylon 5   *
* The difficult we do immediately, the impossible takes a little longer *

Gail Shaw <gsh### [at] monotixcoza> wrote in message
> Running megapov 0.6a for windows.
>

> Is it remembering the maximum level traced in previous renderings
> and tracing to that level regardless of max trace or is the message
> wrong?

Addendum:

I closed povray, reopened and rendered the same scene and the
stats read Max Level 51/100

Gail
* gsh### [at] monotixcoza                *   Step into the abyss,           *
* http://www.rucus.ru.ac.za/~gail/   *   and let go.        Babylon 5   *
* The difficult we do immediately, the impossible takes a little longer *

> Is it remembering the maximum level traced in previous renderings
> and tracing to that level regardless of max trace or is the message
> wrong?

Indeed, highest trace level is not reset on new trace. But wasn't such
bug reported already (or does my memory fails here)?

Post a reply to this message

From: Gail Shaw
Date: 3 Apr 2001 01:49:05
Message: <3ac96451@news.povray.org>
Vahur Krouverk <vah### [at] aetecee> wrote in message
news:3AC### [at] aetecee...

> Indeed, highest trace level is not reset on new trace. But wasn't such
> bug reported already (or does my memory fails here)?

Maybe, I don't remember such a post.

From: Warp
Date: 3 Apr 2001 06:38:58
Message: <3ac9a842@news.povray.org>
Vahur Krouverk <vah### [at] aetecee> wrote:
: Indeed, highest trace level is not reset on new trace. But wasn't such
: bug reported already (or does my memory fails here)?

  Yes. IIRC it was made by me.

--
char*i="b[7FK@`3NB6>B:b3O6>:B:b3O6><`3:;8:6f733:>::b?7B>:>^B>C73;S1";
main(_,c,m){for(m=32;c=*i++-49;c&m?puts(""):m)for(_=(