POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : .net rendering Server Time
8 Aug 2024 06:20:44 EDT (-0400)
  .net rendering (Message 1 to 10 of 11)
From: Nekar Xenos
Subject: .net rendering
Date: 21 Feb 2001 04:32:26
Message: <3a938b2a@news.povray.org>
I quickly glimpsed at an article in PC Format in a bookstore about .net (not
to be confused with the .net magazine).  Apparently .net would replace
Windoze. The actual OS would be loaded on a main server that has all the
programs loaded and users just log on to .net to use whatever program at a
monthly rental fee.

It doesn't sound good to me for PovRay. On the other hand using the .net
server to do the rendering might speed up things a bit.

Anyone know anything about .net?

Any thoughts on this?

Nekar

Post a reply to this message

In a way it could be good. Especially for really long renders. Submit a
render command to the server. After a few hours it sends you an SMS that the
render is complete and you log back in and see your result!

Hmmm Maybe a good idea !

BR.Saadat

"Nekar Xenos" <vir### [at] iconcoza> wrote in message
> I quickly glimpsed at an article in PC Format in a bookstore about .net
(not
> to be confused with the .net magazine).  Apparently .net would replace
> Windoze. The actual OS would be loaded on a main server that has all the
> programs loaded and users just log on to .net to use whatever program at a
> monthly rental fee.
>
> It doesn't sound good to me for PovRay. On the other hand using the .net
> server to do the rendering might speed up things a bit.
>
> Anyone know anything about .net?
>
> Any thoughts on this?
>
> Nekar

Post a reply to this message