POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Some old posts gone from binaries! Server Time
8 Aug 2024 10:26:49 EDT (-0400)
  Some old posts gone from binaries! (Message 1 to 9 of 9)
From: Bob H
Subject: Some old posts gone from binaries!
Date: 21 Jan 2001 05:29:44
Message: <3a6aba18@news.povray.org>
Hi everyone,

Could anyone confirm if they can or cannot get to old postings in both the
povray.binaries.animations and povray.binaries.images groups dating from May
10th or 11th 1999 through to the end of that year?
I can get postings from before then and also for Jan. 2000 to present so it is
only that particular time frame in which I get a "Message is no longer
available on this server" when trying to access them.

Needless to say there was a whole lot of good stuff in that time period.  I
thought perhaps I still had everything on disk here from that far back but
apparently not.

TIA for checking if you do.

Bob H.
--
omniVerse http://users.aol.com/persistenceofv/all.htm

Post a reply to this message

> Could anyone confirm if they can or cannot get to old postings in both the
> povray.binaries.animations and povray.binaries.images groups dating from May
> 10th or 11th 1999 through to the end of that year?
> I can get postings from before then and also for Jan. 2000 to present so it is
> only that particular time frame in which I get a "Message is no longer
> available on this server" when trying to access them.

Same here for povray.binaries.animations ( Jul. 19 - Dec. 27 are expired )

I had to reload povray.binaries.images some weeks ago, so the messages
don't even occur there.

Christoph

--
Christoph Hormann <chr### [at] gmxde>